Monday, October 4, 2010

Use It or Lose It...I'm Losin' It


Most recently, I’ve become an avid Firefox user.   Primarily because the office provides Internet Explorer 6, which is not, in fact, compatible with YouTube.  And if any of you had tried to suffer through a work week headphone-less and without YouTube, you’ll understand why I (by recommendation) downloaded Firefox.

Firefox is awesome, aside from its YouTube capabilities, because it identifies for me, every time, when I mistype a word.  I say mistype – because I like to think I’m a reasonably adequate speller.  However, I’m finding myself more and more dependent on Firefox to fyi me if I happen to miss a word here and there.

I feel it’s most evident when I chat electronically at work.  Lotus Notes (with its previously mentioned IM feature) does not offer the spelling error identification found almost everywhere else – the red squiggly.  I’m starting to feel like I throw together an assortment for letters when I type – check for the red and since Lotus doesn’t supply them I just send my message along.

Thankfully I have understanding friends who do not choose to nitpick throughout the conversation and are also quite capable of interpreting my diminishing aptitude for written English.


No comments:

Post a Comment