Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Top 10 at 10


As I discussed previously – I am a mostly non-discriminatory music listener.   Well perhaps diverse would be a better word.  Because I certainly do discriminate from time to time and after listening to Kiss 98.5’s Top 10 at 10 on my way home this evening I have some thoughts regarding some of the current top 40 playlist.

1.       Firework –Katy Perry
“Boom, boom, boom, even brighter than the moon, moon, moon”
                No wonder they didn’t let you air your Sesame Street episode, Katy.  Boom and moon don’t rhyme.  (I’ll let it go this time.  But only because I love your voice.)

2.       Mine – Taylor Swift
“You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter.  You are the best thing that's ever been mine.”
Love you Taylor, but on the country station.  Please stay where you belong.

3.       Like a G6 – Far East Movement
“Now I'm feelin so fly like a G6.”
I don’t even know what a G6 is.  And to be honest.  I don’t even care enough to Google and find out.   And I Google EVERYTHING.

4.       Dynamite – Taio Cruz
“Cause I told you once
Now I told you twice
We gon' light it up
Like it's dynamite”
Ugh.  Please never play this song ever again.  Ever.

5.       Just A Dream – Nelly
“it was only just a dream...”
        Welcome back Nelly.  Welcome back.

6.       Only Girl – Rihanna
” Want you to make me feel like I'm the only girl in the world
Like I'm the only one that you'll ever love
Like I'm the only one who knows your heart”
Sorry Rihanna.  I only like you when you’re singing with someone else.  Like Eminem.  

7.       Just The Way You Are – Bruno Mars
“She’s so beautiful and I tell her every day…”
This song disappoints me.  I hear the piano introduction and think I’m really going to like this song.  And then this guy starts singing…

8.       Club Can’t Handle Me – Flo Rida
“The club can’t even handle me right now.”
I love Flo Rida.  Or his two songs that have been on the radio.  

9.       I Like It – Enrique Iglesias
“Baby, I like it…”
Haha.  Oh Enrique.  

10.   Raise Your Glass – Pink
What's the dealeo?
I love when it's all too much
5 AM turn the radio up
Where's the rock and roll?”
Keep ‘em coming Pink.  Keep ‘em coming.  


No comments:

Post a Comment