Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Mom! The MeatLoaf!!


I feel that the most effective way to communicate with me would be to write me a song.  Music – speaks to me.  No, seriously.  There is not one single moment of my life that I cannot associate with a song or soundtrack.  I am not a music snob, per se.  Actually I’d say I’m mostly shameless.  I have a slightly eclectic taste.  

 I mean there is nothing more satisfying than driving down the 90 for five hours belting out Meat Loaf at the top of my lungs. The man can name ten albums the same thing for all I care and throw the next sequential Roman numeral on the end.  I’m not here for the album cover folks.

Country is my preferred genre.  Judge away.  I love it.  These are the lyrics that speak to me.  I can’t pick a favorite.  It’s just whoever has the most applicable song at the exact moment I’m listening – which is, in fact probably 85% of the hours I spend conscious.  And if I find a song I like.  I play it to D-E-A-T-H.  I might listen to the same three songs on repeat for a full work day. 

Who doesn’t need a little punk in their life? I went to Warped Tour with the little kids this year.  Well I didn’t go with the little kids.  We were just outnumbered by them.  Anyway, it was awesome.  “Where else can you feel out of place drinking a beer?”  

I even love musical theater.  Except for Cats.  Stayed up late watching that for the first time the other night.  Come to find out?  Nothing happens in that show.  I even Googled it.  Wiki confirmed.  Nothing happened other than the song "Memory."  (Which is an excellent song and i Youtubed it for a couple replays the following day.)  Aside from that.  I love musicals.  I’ll listen to show tunes at work on a “jeans day.”  And when I tire of Meat Loaf – I enjoy singing along with soundtracks on the 90 as well.

This is why I think someone should write me a song if you want me to remember what you were trying to say for forever.   Or...just text me.


1 comment:

  1. I was going to be witty and respond with "you took the words right out of my mouth", but then I remembered the rest of the lyric and realized that could be construed as sexual harassment.

    ReplyDelete