Thursday, September 30, 2010

He Makes Me Smile


Upon arriving to work in the mornings I have my own list of priority websites to check: The Buffalo News, Drudge Report, People (dot) com and my bank account.  Boyfriend’s list is considerably different than mine.  But, thanks to the Instant Message option in Lotus (it’s only redeeming feature) he tries to educate me, via links, in the ways of all things Republican, newsworthy, and anything sports related (other than the Yankees, of course) – not covered by my personal hit-list.  

I don’t care about politics.  At all.  I have my opinions.  I would consider myself a liberal-conservative.  I don’t care about the NFL. (Although I have a feeling I’m supposed to cheer for the Dolphins as I have no prior allegiance to a team?)  So even though boyfriend sends me all these important links – I generally only read the headline, maybe the first two sentences.  If those are not two of the most captivating sentences written by man – well I tried.  I thought I was being tricky – just read enough to know what it’s about when it almost certainly comes up later in conversation.

Tuesday we went to Toronto for the Yankee vs. Blue Jay game.  Good game.  Yanks won. (!!!) Clinched a play-off spot and CC got his 21st win.  The celebration on the field was non-existent.  But it was such a fun game to go to.

Wednesday morning boyfriend tracks down the game summary and per usual, sends me the link.  He almost instantly copied and pasted the four or five points out of the article he wanted to discuss.  We chatted for a few minutes. And then I asked:

“How’d you know I wasn’t reading the article myself?”

“I know you.”

“Oh. Right.”

Guess I’m not as clever as I’d originally thought.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment