Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Real Nail-Biter

I haven’t had a Christmas surprise in probably five years or so.  Sister and I have agreed to do something together rather than give gifts for the past couple years – so no surprises there.  My parents long ago gave up on the surprise idea and now we just get exactly what we asked for.  And last Christmas me and boyfriend were kind of new at being ‘me and boyfriend’ and I wasn’t expecting anything really.  But this year.  This year the anticipation is DRIVING ME NUTS. 

 I’ve been asking him every day for two weeks if he wants to let me open them today.  He says "no" every time.  And if I happen to forget to ask him, he teases me with a “want to open your presents today?”And then a “too bad – you have to wait.” 

He won’t even give me one clue – all I’ve got is that ‘part’ of it came from Amazon.com – which is like the least helpful clue ever.  I’m pretty sure you can purchase one of the pyramids on that website or a monkey or just about anything.  So that doesn’t narrow it down much for me. 

But we’re thinking we might do our Christmas on Christmas Eve – simply because we’d prefer to sleep in Christmas morning. So that means I only have to be tortured with anticipation for one more day.  I’m having visions of a nice fire in the fire place while we exchange gifts – but that could potentially be pretty smokey.  Guess we’ll see how it goes.  

Anyway - Merry Christmas to you.

Also - I am proud to announce that after twenty-five years I’ve given up my nail biting habit. Seriously, I’m pretty sure since I’ve had teeth – I’ve been destroying my nails.  And now.  I’m not.  I asked boyfriend if he wanted me to put his picture on my nails like Katy Perry did for Russell Brand.  He says that won't be necessary.  


No comments:

Post a Comment