Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Pet Peeves


                When I got home from my travels over Thanksgiving, after being gone for five days, I found a mangled tube of toothpaste in the cabinet.   Apparently if I leave boyfriend to manage the toothpaste by himself for an extended period of time this is what happens?  I have a thing.  And if you read the back of the tube it clearly states “best if squeezed from the bottom and flatten as you work your way up.”  Or something to that effect.  And personally, I couldn’t agree more.  I mean it just makes sense to me.  Squeeze toothpaste from the bottom.  Like replacing the empty toilet paper roll.  And replacing it correctly so the flap is on the top.  Common sense. Right?

                (Side note – every time I’ve typed out ‘toothpaste’ so far I’ve left off the last ‘e.’  Weird.)

                What happens when I don’t go away for any extended period of time is that boyfriend squeezes from the middle- every time.  And I correct his mistake when I brush my teeth – every time.  Hope he knows how much I love him to be putting up with such nonsense. ; ) 

                I also don’t prefer open cabinet doors or touching pens in the supermarket.  But I’m not sure if that’s less ‘pet peeve’ and more OCD – but whatever. 


2 comments:

  1. My husband does the same thing with the toothpaste! I know what you're saying...if I'm there, I just 'fix' it by squeezing from the bottom. Left on his own, I'm sure the same thing would happen that happend with your tube! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you're saying they never learn?? It's good to know I don't suffer alone. :)

    ReplyDelete