Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Where are you Christmas?


                I’m not exactly Scrooge – but I’m not exactly bringing the Christmas cheer to the table.  I don’t decorate my house.  I’m never here for the day – and no one else would see it.  Boyfriends said he has, some years, put up (a) string of lights in the window.  I haven’t seen any lights so far.  I only like the occasional Christmas song.  But I do love to buy gifts.  Especially when I think I have great ideas.  (I hope I have a great idea this year.) We’re not getting a tree.  But I am going to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra for their Christmas show.  And I am very much looking forward to that.

                I’ve always enjoyed a good candle-lit Christmas Eve service, but I don’t really have traditions.  Well until last year that is.  Last year, on the Monday after Christmas was the First Annual Pitekpalooza.  Now let me just tell you something about this family.  They are AWESOME.  I mean the kind of awesome where they plan an outdoor party in Buffalo in December.  The kind of awesome that Momma Pitek requests a bottle of Scotch for the family gift exchange.   The kind of awesome where Em tracks down retro one-piece snowsuits for this event.  (Think Dumb and Dumber ski scene.)  

                What better way to pretend you have no responsibilities and can booze on a Monday than to spend it shivering around the fire pit with a near frozen beer, playing Kan Jam (still undecided I hear) – and I don’t play kan jam.  I’m embarrassingly horrible at Frisbee throwing.   Or maybe a game of bags?  Sounds super cool right?  Well if you’re around the Monday after Christmas this year, grab yourself some winter lager (or whatever it is that you drink) and consider this your official unofficial invite to come experience a Pitekpalooza for yourself.*



*Em said I could issue this press release. 

2 comments:

  1. But MOMMA P is a bit concerned about how big this event might get. By the way it is the 3rd annual..it was a select intimate group of about 8 the first year. Not ready for 80!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mommaa...if I give you a bottle of scotch will you forgive and...forget?

    ReplyDelete