Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Lorena

      "Did you know your boyfriend hit me over the head with a 52 inch plasma television earlier tonight? Everyone says they're so thin and light, but let me tell you, when wielded properly, they're quite a weapon."  ~Lorena


            I love HBO's True Blood.  I mean love.  I am, in fact, currently in mourning because I have to watch some stupid Broardwalk Empire show on Sunday evenings because the vampires are off-season.  I've even read all the books. There was some debate whether I was unwise to do so and jump ahead of the seasons.  I don't regret it.  They are excellent.                                                                                                                 

            I hate Halloween.  Ok.  Well maybe not hate.  But I don't prefer.  I'm not clever enough to create a costume.  Nor am I generally inspired to do so.

            I also hate pictures of me.  And this time I do mean hate.  But as I made an exception on the Halloween front this year...I guess I'll also show you how True Blood inspired me this Halloween.  Now I realize I'm one in a million people who chose True Blood characters.  But I feel like I did a-ok.  
  
   Meet Lorena - she is a vampire - and my inspiration for a Halloween costume.
 


           Here is my attempt at impersonating her.  This character is usually crying tears of blood and ruining her dresses.  I decided I'd like to re-use my dress for something less costume and more formal - like a wedding so I chose no tears.

   

         The fangs were a fan favorite at the party.  The red lipstick got on them and made them look bloody.  I love them.  I may or may not be wearing them now.  Don't judge. Halloween was super fun this year.  Saw some friends I miss and got to play vampire for a night.  Nice little Saturday if you ask me.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment