Sunday, November 21, 2010

I'm In Love


                This week I was introduced to the wonderful world of Google Docs.  And I’m in love.    We were assigned a group project in the worst class in the history of the world – more on that in December when it’s all over, I need to wait until I have all the material necessary to illustrate for you the horribleness the I am enduring this first semester back to school.

                In one day, we successfully started and completed a portion of this assignment which was, true to form, obviously due that evening.  We were able to do so with Google Docs.  I am honestly not sure how I survived undergrad without this kind of technology.  Have you seen it?  Or am I the last one to know?  Just in case you have not – I’ll sing its praises here briefly.  And no, I’m in no way being compensated by the Google people for this little promotion.  

                As you can probably imagine – group work isn’t exactly my ‘thing.’  Organizing more than two people’s schedules, brainstorming, discussion, meeting, etc. – sounds like a nightmare.  Especially that meeting part.  Is there anything worse?  I submit to you, there is not.  Therefore, when one of our more technically inclined group members suggested the creation of a Google Document, I think he changed my life for the better.  If I were more of an exclamation point user this would have been an ideal scenario.

                When considering I’m just finishing my first semester of many as an MBA students I feel this tool will be my best friend for the next 2-3 years.  The capability I appreciate is this – sit at home, work, wherever there might be an internet connection – far away from other group members and simultaneously brainstorm via the IM feature and contribute to the file with zero face time.   I am so so so grateful to know this now.  Rather than, say, my last semester of school.  And if you have any group projects, meetings, etc.  I would suggest you might research how Google Docs could benefit you too.  Brilliantly done Google – to you I vehemently say – Thank you.   


2 comments:

  1. Looooooove Google Docs! Google in general has changed my life- gChat, google docs, google scholar (free academic research!)... don't know how I'd survive without them.

    ReplyDelete