Monday, November 15, 2010

Too Hot to Handle


                Last night I burned my tongue.  This is not unusual.  I’d say it happens at least twice a week.  Boyfriend has offered some enlightened suggestions to prevent this from happening, such as, letting my food cool down prior to eating it – but this has been going on for years.  I’m not sure why I can’t convince myself to wait an extra two minutes to eat my food.  But I think it has something to do with the fact that I’m starving by the time I decide what it is that I want to eat which means I’m famished by the time it’s prepared?  Or I’m just a slow learner, either way; these are the food items that cause me so much pain and suffering.

                Homemade Pizza
                Microwave Lunch (like maybe it’s sooo tasty I just can’t wait for it to cool down or something?)
                Hot Tea
                Soup
                Testing macaroni to see if it’s done cooking

I’ve accepted this as an eternal problem.  Which might lead you to believe that I don’t whine about it like it’s a new problem every single time.  You would, in fact, be mistaken making such an assumption.  There are two things I’m great at.  Burning my mouth and whining.  How convenient the two go hand in hand.  


1 comment:

  1. I burned my tongue just last week on "english muffin pizzas". It hurt for a good two days and ruined much of my eating enjoyment. It didn't stop me from eating however. :)

    ReplyDelete