Friday, November 12, 2010

Just Might Make *You* Believe?

As I watched the Country Music Awards this week boyfriend tried to argue that the reason he does not enjoy is because “every song is depressing.”  Coming from the man who does not listen to one minute of country music if he can avoid it, I consider him an unreliable source.  After pointing that out, he then proceeded to use Lady Antebellum’s “Hello World” that was playing as an example that it “just sounds sad.”  I argue that country music is peaceful, inspiring, applicable and even fun.  And just to prove it to you skeptics – here is a short list of my life to date favs.  There really are so many, difficult to choose, and I probably add to it daily. 

1.       Sugarland – Just Might Make Me Believe
2.       Dixie Chicks – The Long Way Around  (Lyrics that inspired my blog title)
3.       Sugarland – Already Gone
4.       Dwight Yoakum – Suspicious Minds
5.       Toby Keith – Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue
6.       Faith Hill & Tim McGraw – I Need You
7.       Garth Brooks – Callin’ Baton Rouge
8.       Reba McEntire – Just When I Thought I’d Stopped Loving You
9.       Lady Antebellum – American Honey
10.   Craig Morgan – Love Remembers


       Listen, Enjoy, Don’t Hate.  Happy Friday. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment