Wednesday, August 24, 2011

30 Day Challenge - Day 10

Day 10 - Something I Don't Leave the House Without 

  Easy. Blackberry. Next Question.

  I grew up only knowing life with mobile phones, now my first one ever was one of those plastic toy looking ones that was for emergencies only after I got my license.  But I got my first 'real' phone as a freshman in college and my first smart phone three years ago and I can't imagine life without.  I ask Boyfriend all the time to enlighten me because, well, being a tiny bit older than me, he grew up before cell phones.  

Me: Um.  How did you find where to meet people?
Him: You picked a spot and met them there.
Me: Impossible.

Me: You went on spring break in Panama City, FL with like eight guys? How did everyone make it home?
Him: It's not hard to find a group of guys on a beach.
Me: Lies.

Me (at the park up in Sherkston where all the children drive golf carts around unsupervised): Um what if your kid didn't come home when you told them to?
Him: You had to go find them - there's only so many places they could be.
Me: Sounds like a lot of walking.

Him (some random story from college): So then I had to run around the corner to the pay phone and call my Gram.
Me:  HAHA - what's a pay phone?

  Anyway - I can't function without mine.  Like super anxiety.  When we go to Canada for the day I have to text my sister way in advance to let her know I'LL HAVE NO PHONE ALL DAY LONG.  And then I forget and try to look at Facebook and Verizon is all - that will cost you $17.00.  So I could leave the house less a purse. I just can't ever leave without my phone, even if I'm spending the day in Canada and it will be off.  At least you know how to get a hold of me now.



No comments:

Post a Comment