Day 8 - Something I'm Afraid Of
Ohh man - how can I pick just one thing. Maybe I should write about the things I'm not afraid of. That would certainly be the shorter list. None of my fears are in any way debilitating - I mean I can pray my way to the top floor in an elevator like the best of them. These are things that, given the opportunity to practically avoid, I will do so.
- Big dogs
- Little dogs that bounce
- Cats that sneak up on me
- Picking up our chicken wings from downtown Niagara Falls in the dark
- Being alone in the house overnight with only a dog who thinks he's a cat as protection
- Germs - this results in my going through gallons of hand sanitizer after touching any of the following:
- Gas Pump
- Credit Card Machines
- Door Handles
- Shaking someone hand - this is why I can never be on Wheel of Fortune. Because when I win, Pat likes to hold your hand to guide you through the bonus round and I'd lose because all I would think about is needing soap and water. Boyfriend also says I lack the enthusiasm necessary to be on the show. I said I would call and ask anyway.
- Speaking of, I do not make phone calls unless absolutely necessary. So I'd have to email Wheel of Fortune.
- Driving with the doors unlocked
- Not having my ID on me when someone else is driving - what if no one knows to call my sister if there was an accident?
- Not having my Blackberry on me
- Any adventurous activity that does not involve walking - we're still deciding on snorkeling. But that one guy I read about did just get eaten by a shark doing that sooooo. Boyfriend also suggested scuba diving once and I mentioned that bride whose groom drown her in Australia. He promised he won't turn off my oxygen so I guess we could give it a try.
- Drinking milk past the sell by date
|No thank you.|
I'm sure there are more. I realize these are mostly irrational. I just have an aversion to risk. Boyfriend thinks it's funny. Good thing huh?