Tuesday, August 23, 2011

30 Day Challenge - Day 9

Day 9 - My Favorite TV Shows


    Back before I was dating Boyfriend I hardly ever watched TV.  I'd rather play on the internet and listen to music.  But now I'm dating a man who pays for basic cable as "TV Insurance" in case, the DirecTV happens to fail on important days like game seven of the World Series or during the Super Bowl. (I can't make these things up.) So as you can imagine, we watch a lot of TV in our free time.  As a result I can easily answer today's topic.

    There really is only one answer to this question.  True Blood.  This is another thing we can credit Boyfriend with.  I've mentioned before that I love this show.  I said I wouldn't.  I said I don't *do* vampires.  Turns out - that is not exactly true.  I still don't do sparkle-y vampires.  I'm already sad because there are only three episodes left of the 2011 season.  And while I haven't been overly enthusiastic about some of the story lines I still can't to watch it every Sunday night.  And Boyfriend loves to ask me questions during and I'm all 'shhh I haven't watched this episode twice yet - no talking' in my head.  In real life I answer his questions nicely.  And I really do watch each episode twice each week.  Whatever.  But if you're looking for a new guilty pleasure in your life - I'm telling you, this is it.

    A close second would be Modern Family - have you seen it?  Best dialogue on TV right now.  Makes us laugh out loud.  Makes me cry every now and again - I just love happy endings. Wednesday nights on ABC.  They're Wednesday night line up is actually mostly flawless.  At least it was last year.  But Modern Family is easily our fave.  If you've missed the first seasons Hulu it, Netflix it, you have time before season three starts this fall.
    And lastly, Wheel of Fortune.  Don't judge me.  I love it.  I want to be on that show.  Boyfriend said we can't do the couples one because he's better at Jeopardy.  I'll go by myself.  I practice all the time on Facebook.  Last time I checked they weren't accepting any new auditions.  But I'm convinced they'd let me walk on if they're on site in Vegas when we're there in October.  Don't you think?

   What are your favorite shows?  Are we missing out on anything?  And no one talk to me about reality TV - those things raise my blood pressure.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment