Thursday, September 1, 2011

Read and Respond. Please and Thanks.


                We interrupt your regularly scheduled mostly unpredictable 30 Day Challenge because I need your help to prove me right. 

                Last night we were talking about some of our more compulsive behaviors - or as I like to call mine, endearing qualities.  Mine is this:

                Balances that I control must end in Zero or Five.  Like pumping gas.  Doesn’t matter if it’s 13 degrees out I’ll stand there till I get it right.  Or making a credit card or a school loan payment.  I pay the difference in pennies to make the residual balance a zero or a five.  Boyfriend says I inherited some kind of crazy gene and I say I don’t like the numbers one through four and six through nine so whatever.

                But we got to my crazies because we were talking about his crazies.  His are two-fold:

                He checks the thermostat like 35 million times before he leaves the house.  But whatever.  If it makes him feel better – carry on.

                More importantly, he will not use a shower towel more than once to dry himself.  Never.  Will not happen.  I say towels can be used and hung to dry to be re-used again before they need to be washed.  I think a two time minimum is normal. Erroneous – so he says.    Thank God he does his own laundry.  He also gets super anxiety when the towel drawer is not full to the top with clean towels.  He gets all “where are you hiding the towels?”  “Why are you a towel hoarder?”   What? There are like seven clean towels in the drawer how is this a crisis?  And he’s all “because I don’t want to have to use paper towels to dry myself next time I shower.”   So that’s when I stare at him like he just told me he bought me a pet monkey.

Our conversation circled back to how if he used towels two times then we would not run out so quickly.  And he’s all “I don’t care what you say towels are single use only and you should do your laundry more often.” And then I’m all “Why?  I have enough clothes to not do laundry for like a whole quarter of a year so you should consider yourself lucky I do it every other week.”  Man do I hate folding laundry.  However, I do have to admit I’m on the single use towel plan now too – but that’s because if I hang up my towel in the bathroom it’s gone and in the laundry with his the next day anyway.

And since we were disagreeing already I asked him why the toothpaste looked like he put it on the floor and tap danced on it before placing it back in the cabinet?  That's how mangled it was and it's more than half full tube.  Blows my mind.  He called me a judger and told me to go to sleep.

                Anyway, here’s why I need your help. I need you to tell me who wins the crazies competition.  And also if you agree with him or me about single use bath towels.  Actually, if you do agree with him don’t tell me.  But feel free to share your compulsive tendencies to make me and my zeros and fives feel better about ourselves.




Source: imdb.com via Ana on Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. you should prank him. buy 6 towels that are the exact same color/brand and just switch them out every night. he'll think he's using a different one, but it's really the same one. Punked!
    Obviously, I'm not on board with the whole "1 a day" towel process. That's grounds for sleeping outside. hahah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone has their "endearing qualities." I don't find either of yours to be more crazy than the other. However, I do more closely associate with yours. I also appreciate 0s and 5s (we do have a number system based on 10, so it only makes sense). Also, I find the need to use a towel once somewhat unnecessary because a towel's purpose is to dry you off when you are clean. Thus, towel should still be clean after its use (otherwise you're not doing a sufficient job in the shower). So I do use mine a few times.
    I do believe I have more "endearing qualities" than Dan. He sometimes does refer to me as being crazy, due one in particular. I like the sheets on the bed to be just so. Not to say I always make the bed, I like them just so when I'm sleeping in the bed. Say if he's laying on the sheet or comforter, has untucked either from the end of the bed, or the distribution is not equal across the bed (ie. I have more/less than 50% of the sheets or comforter), these things can all upset me greatly. Until they are remedied, I generally can not sleep. So there, I'm crazy, too. :o)

    ReplyDelete