Thursday, September 8, 2011

30 Day Challenge - Day 11

Day 11 - A Bible Verse

     Originally I had a whole post planned out in my head for the Bible verse post about watching my words.  And then yesterday I learned another lesson. 

                I go to grad class twice a week after work, in downtown Buffalo.  This semester, my professors love being professors and therefore keep the class right through the allotted time.  As I leave at 8:45pm it’s quite dark and this week, mostly rainy.  I also have been struggling, as of late, to establish my eating schedule while attending class.  Boyfriend and I generally don’t eat till after 7pm sometimes as late as 9pm – we’re snackers.  Chips (Salt & Vinegar) are a staple on the grocery list.  So we snack when we get home from work and we don’t eat till later.   However, when class starts at 6 I’d either have to eat at 5:30 or 9:30.  Both options are horrible.  As a result I chose, yesterday, to wait till after - and part of me is hoping that is why yesterday happened?  Anyway.

                Yesterday.

                Yesterday, was the day after I had run another eight miles.  Yesterday, I wore an outfit, while not one for a magazine, I felt quite confident in.  Yesterday, I wore my fave J. Simpson pumps.  Yesterday, was cool slash rainy enough to wear my fave White House Black Market trench coat.  Therein lies my problem.   Now, when I wear this particular coat I feel hottt.  (Yes. With extra “t’s” )  I know that’s totally silly.  Who feels hottt in a coat?  Me.  And I felt good leaving class.  Nailed the first quiz.  My coat on.  Cute shoes.  My freakishly long hair blowing behind me in the wind. (I think there was wind. But. It might have been in my head.) Anyway I felt awesome walking to my car in the parking garage in the dark on Main St. in downtown Buffalo.  And that's when I fell off the curb. And almost onto my face.  And I bruised my pinky on my left hand.  And the girl walking two steps in front of me pretended not to notice.

                Needless to say, my Bible verse for today is this:
                Proverbs 16:18 (NIV): Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.

                Note. ed.

                And I totally should have expected this.  I just started reading 1000 Gifts on my Kindle and it’s definitely speaking to my heart.   Ridiculous of me to give myself so much credit.  Anyway.  I think I’ve learned my lesson.  Pride doesn’t pay.  And a thankful heart leads to ultimate joy.


That's my coat.  I'm not one for dark lipstick though.  Or any lipstick.  I like gloss.

No comments:

Post a Comment