Thursday, September 15, 2011

30 Day Challenge - Day 12

Day 12 - My Dream House
    
    As you may or may not recall, I watch a borderline excessive amount of HGTV.  The home buying shows are some of my faves.  Property Virgins, House Hunters - any show that's going to provide me with a variety of houses to look at and long after is good with me.  Boyfriend had already gone through the home buying process long before I met him so I won't have the opportunity to have a dream home for a few more years.  I do, however, have my list of non-negotiables.

  • On suite bathroom with two sinks. And I'm not talking those trendy spa looking bucket sinks.  I want two sinks with counter space.  And if there happened to be a rain drop shower head in there I would not stand opposed.
  • Two - car garage.  Currently we have one.  I don't get to use that.  Sometimes my car gets started for me in the winter.  Sometimes it doesn't.  So we need space for mine too.
  • Counter space.  I have approximately three feet now - total.  This doesn't work for me.
  • Outdoor space.  Living in a region where one must make the most of nice weather we certainly do so.
  I like the open floor plan and the hardwood floors, in theory - turns out you hear dog's nails reeeeally well on that particular surface and that generally makes me irritable.  I'm fine with a giant closet because I happen to have more than two dresses and 'too many' shoes. (Like that's possible.)  We have to have a fenced in yard because apparently there will always be a dog in my life.  We don't need entertaining space - because "we're not hosts."
  
  So I told Boyfriend when we're on House Hunters looking for our next house...and he interrupts me with "never in my life am I going to be on tv with you."  Apparently he thinks that I'm going to fall in love with every house I see and then blow up his spot on the negotiation front with some comment like "I love it. Where do we sign?" Or "SOLD."  Whatever.  

  Anyway - via Pinterest here are some homes that I'd pay the asking price for.  If I ever win the lottery or something.




















    A girl can dream can't she?

   PS.  Today is my baby blog's first birthday.  So obviously the discussion when I announced this to Boyfriend last night went something like this:

"Guess what."
"....what."
"Tomorrow is my blog's first birthday."
"Oh.  Blogs have birthdays?"
"Well actually - they are technically called 'blogiversaries.'"
"Please never say that word again in real life."
"I'll trade you 'blogiversary' for 'uber.'  See? This is why I said 'blog birthday' I knew you'd hate the real word."
"Whatever."

 
  Happy Birthday baby blog.  You may just even get a face lift as a present.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment