Tuesday, September 20, 2011

30 Day Challenge - Day 13

Day 13 - Something I'm Looking Forward To

    Well.  Now that the half marathon is over I find myself void of purpose.  Seriously.  I feel empty.  For all the dread and worry and trepidation I had for those 13.1 miles I'm sad it's over.  Wait. What?

     I couldn't be more pleasantly surprised by how well I feel I did.  My goal was between 10 and (please God don't let me be that slow) 11 min miles.  But I didn't train as consistently as - perhaps my sister did and I wanted to set an attainable goal. 10:07 spilts people. Two hours and 12 mins of running.  And.  And.  Those B-words.  Miles 11-12 was straight up hill.  I was cursing everything sacred as each turn revealed yet another hill.  Fortunately, the course nearly redeemed itself with a downhill final mile.  When I saw the group of people and started to kick it in I had two thoughts 1.) No Rach, if you are crying when you finish someone will think you're injured so cut the crap. 2.) That better actually be the finish line and not the food tent because I've got nothing left.  It was.  I was emotional.  Sister was the first person I saw and I could not be happier we did it.

   So now what.  We choose a different one?  We def do not train for a marathon.  This girl has a sensible appreciation for all things mediocre.  Why strive for glory when I feel accomplished half way there?  Just saying.

   Back to the original question.  I am looking forward to vacation.

   We are going to Las Vegas next month.  I have never in my whole entire life been west of the Mississippi River.  I am thrilled to be going now.  With Him.

Boyfriend: "Are we going to high five when we cross the Mississippi?"
Me: "Yea I guess. If I'm awake.  You know I like sleeping on planes."

    We have yet to determine where we are going to sleep though.  And that is starting to give me anxiety.  I wrote up a whole spreadsheet of options.  Now *someone* just needs to make a decision.  You see, he's been there like a hundred times as he has family there.  So I don't feel quite qualified to be making executive decisions.

Boyfriend: "Pick a place you like."
Me: "It all looks magical."
Boyfriend: "Please don't go all Hangover on me and ask the desk if the "real Caesar lived here?" or "Is this hotel pager friendly?"
Me: "I'm not making any promises."

    I'm so very much looking forward to this trip also because this whole year we have been unable to coordinate vacation days.  If I take a day he has to work, if he takes some days I have to work, if we both take some days he has things to do.  We are finally taking some days, together, to be together.  

And to be honest.  We wouldn't have to go anywhere west of the Mississippi River to make me happy.  I'm just excited to enjoy some time being with just him.





No comments:

Post a Comment