Friday, October 14, 2011

30 Day Challenge - Day 14

Day 14 – Favorite Places to Eat

                Turns out eating like you’re training for a half-marathon but not running like you’re training for one is not the best combination when you may or may not have a pool chair waiting for you in Las Vegas in less than a week.  That being said, I love to eat.   I like to cook for us.  But I like to eat out too.

Fave middle of the week, haven’t gone shopping yet, place to grab dinner quick:

Sophie’s Pita and Grill
Tiny, little mom and pop Greek place right in Niagara Falls.  They gyros are to. die. for.  I don’t even have to tell them what to make when I walk in there.  Probably means we get food there too often. (If that’s even possible.)  Seriously.  So yummy. 

Fave Friday night dinner place:

Waterstreet Landing
Scenic Lewiston, NY.  Right on the Niagara River.  Five dollar fish fry the size of my head.  Everybody wins.  Especially me.  One time we tried to switch up the Friday routine and go to the new Olive Garden.  Big mistake.  Huge. Don’t mess with a good thing.  Stick to the fish fry.

New fave drive down into Buffalo for a nicer dinner during restaurant week or when I find a Groupon place:

Encore
We don’t often drive all the way to Buffalo just for dinner.  But last time we went, we drove here.  And it was worth it.  Fried duck wings for an appetizer followed up by crab stuffed fish for me and some chicken thing for him.  Could not have been happier.  I like it there.  A lot.

Western NY has so many delicious places to eat.  And since most of you don’t live here I will taunt you no longer with what could have been.  All I’m saying is.  I better get a fish fry tonight.  Because that’s definitely going to help my bathing suit situation.
Happy Weekend.

Except I prefer mashed potatoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment