Thursday, January 13, 2011

Restaurant Review

                Last night we double dated with a dear friend of mine from college and her husband.  It’s not often that we go out middle of the week because – I’m too old to do that kind of thing.  And also because I usually have class after work and adding another evening event mid week, thus replacing gym time, would probably result in a meltdown.  But, I’m still on break from school and Annie and I have been trying to make a point to meet up semi-annually, and weekends are busy, so Wednesday night it was.  

We consequently missed ABC’s Wednesday night line-up, and more specifically Modern Family and I’ve been asked to choose a different evening to make plans going forward.  Noted.

                However, because we scheduled dinner on a Wednesday we had the opportunity to partake in the couple’s special at DiGiulio & Co. – a discreet restaurant in Hertel Ave. in Buffalo.  I’d found this place in October during restaurant week, only because my first choice was booked till midnight every single night that week.  Boyfriend and I had enjoyed it – and our server had advertised their “Wine and Dine for 2” nights on Wednesday s and Thursdays every week.   I would highly recommend you try it.  The food is excellent and it was only $33 for both of us. We got the house salad (say YES to the gorgonzola cheese), bottle of house wine, and then we each got to choose one of three entrée options.  My breaded pork chops were so yummy.  And judging by the scraps Boyfriend left on his plate his chicken cacciatore was just as tasty.  

                Per Annie’s suggestion we went ahead and ordered dessert.  (You don’t have to say peanut butter and chocolate cake to us twice.)  It was a wonderful evening. The food was divine and the company just as fabulous.  And EXACTLY what I needed to make it through this dreadfully long week.   We did agree to meet up with these guys again soon – well – as soon as it’s warm enough to enjoy our next night out on a patio.


1 comment: