Monday, July 25, 2011

30 Day Challenge - Day 1

                Day 1: Introduction, Recent Picture, and 15 Interesting Facts

As we all know, I’ve been the ultimate blogging slacker for the past few weeks.  In an effort to remedy this little situation I am going to do one of these 30 days of blog post challenges.  I snagged it off of this other post  after reading through four Google search pages to find one that didn’t include me posting pictures of my life every other day because I don’t take pictures of my life and how boring would 17 out of 30 posts be if I just answered the question with nothing? 

I’d like to say I’ll post for 30 days straight but let’s be serious – with my track record that prob won’t happen.  Can’t hurt to try though right?  How’s that for an introduction?

Recent Picture –well if I invited you here through the book of face then you can reference that picture.  And if not, I used to look like this, last year, back when I worked out a lot.  Whatever.  Like I said – picture taking is not something I remember to do. 

Ignore that weird armpit fat.  Thanks.


Interesting Facts -  Interesting, by definition, means engaging or exciting and holding attention or curiosity.  Not sure this list qualifies.  Also, this list was surprisingly difficult for me to put together.

1.       I started biting my nails again.  It’s horrible.  I must stop.  But life got stressful.

2.       I told my friend’s husband I was turning 25 on this year’s birthday.  Six hours later I remembered that I turned that last year.  I hear these kinds of things happen with age?

3.       Half marathon training is not really going super awesome by myself.

4.       I have an online shopping addiction.  Thankfully I don’t necessarily spend all my money, I just fill the online carts with all my hopes and dreams.  However, I do often buy shoes.

5.       I want to be friends with Kate Middleton.

6.       If my freezer was full of all the mint chocolate ice cream combinations in the world it probably would not be enough.

7.       I am determined to accessorize my outfits.  Unfortunately, mornings do not promote creativity for me and I generally forget.

8.       I swore I would never watch anything vampire related.  Turns out, that wasn’t exactly a truthful statement.  Twelve vampire novels and 3.5 seasons later I find myself wishing Pam and I could be BFF’s.  Man do I love True Blood.

9.       I only like to movies I’ve already seen before.  Which, as you can imagine, presents quite the dilemma.

10.   I nap almost every day of my life.  I’m not willing to give this up any time soon.  I’ll have no choice when classes start again in the fall.

11.   I’ve done my best to only wear dresses to work for the entire month of July.  I’ve been mostly successful.

12.   My niece finally chose to say my name.  She’s been able to all along.  I know it. 

13.   Boyfriend thinks we need two dogs.  I still think we need zero dogs.  He says I secretly like Prince.  I say I don’t know where he’d come up with such a crazy idea.

14.   I found a nice Baptist church to attend these days.  They have great music there. 

15.   If it snows again this winter, it will be too soon.  You won’t catch me whining about this heat.  It may be the only thing I don’t whine about.

That list seriously took me like an hour.  What a struggle.  I'll prob think of twenty-seven more things to add to that list thirty seconds after I hit post.  I promise I'll try to come back for day two tomorrow.  Cross your fingers.

3 comments:

  1. If you post something everyday for 30 days, I will read it everyday :) Oh, and I too forget how old I am...sad, but true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just realized that the comment I just posted doesn't actually say who posted it....in case you were wondering, it's Courtney.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly was wondering. :) Boyfriend was all 'what do you want to do for your bday - you only turn 25 twice. Heh. Honest mistake.

    ReplyDelete