Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday Flashback

                After reading – technically ex-boss-lady’s Friday Flashback post we were chatting about how I’m hopeful that no one shows up later in life with surprise pictures of my childhood and some of the reasons why I might be concerned. 

                If you thought the Grinch photo was the worst of it – you might be wrong.  If you thought I was going to show you photos to prove your inaccuracies you are also wrong.  I will, however, admit my fashion shortcomings to you now.

                Three reasons why my childhood photos should be kept in a safe for eternity.  Or Burned.
  1. I had a pair of khaki colored jeans – that I wore. All. The. Time. With a flannel zip up shirt by like Arizona Co. that was all zig-zag plaid-ish. So that wasn’t cute. Oh and I totally wore it zipped all the way up. :(

  2. My bangs (gulp) were too short for curling. That didn’t stop me. I looked like I had a freaking curler in my hair or taped to my forehead. Totally not cute.

  3. In grammar school I wore like 16 metal hair clips in my hair all the time. I found that if I did not a sibling would take my clips so I thought I would have none. So rather than putting them in a secret place for safe keeping – I put them in my hair for safe keeping. Probably could have picked up some satellite radio stations with all the metal on my head. Definitely not awesome.

All of these - on my head. At the same time.  Why did no one stop me?


So – as I said, hopefully no one has any photo documentation of these dark days.  And if you do, how about you do us all a favor and light them on fire.  Also, I’m pretty sure these things help Boyfriend confirm that I was so not a cool kid growing up, directly in contrast to how awesome he thinks he’s been since birth.  Don’t worry.  I tell him that I’m sure that he was not always the most awesome person in the world.

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure that I have a few pictures from your childhood- but don't worry, i won't be putting them anywhere public because I'm in them too...yikes. Oh and I remember the days of the 16 hair clips :) I'm pretty sure I was jealous because my mom didn't buy those kinds of clips.. hah! Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stop laughing at the thought of 16 metal clips in your hair. The reflection from the sun must have killed people...or at least small birds.

    ReplyDelete