Friday, March 25, 2011

Hodge Podge


Ok – so I did a total revamp on the blog.  Questions? Comments? Concerns?    Please don’t have concerns – it literally took me like five hours to settle on this background.  I was looking for something less snow-flakey because snow is depressing at any time of the year and I’m honestly not sure why I chose something that resembled snowflakes in the first place.  And it’s nearly impossible to find something reasonable for a background for me because I think they’re all silly.  But whatev.  I settled on this one.  Please don’t hate it.

I’m contemplating running a half-marathon with my sister this fall.  More questions, comments, or concerns?  My concerns are these:   I don’t think I’ll train well by myself.  My headphones don’t stay in my ears when I run.  Could buy different headphones but I’m pretty sure my ears are oddly shaped because this has been an eternal problem.  I must have music to exercise.  There is no way around that.  If it stops I stop.  Seriously.  I can’t even stretch without it.  But I just ordered new running shoes.  New shoes seem to be an excellent motivator.  And I have all summer to train.  So even flying solo I suppose I should give it a shot. 

Plus we’re rounding into wedding season here – which means I need to start getting skinny like yesterday.  Except yesterday we made steak sandwiches and I totally burned Boyfriend’s roll in the toaster oven (like the roll had flames coming out of it) and watched The Office instead of going to the gym.   And I don’t even follow The Office – I just love a good proposal story.  So maybe gym tomorrow.  Maybe.  We also watched Parks and Recreation – and Boyfriend laughs hysterically every time that April girl speak.  He swears she must be my long lost twin and to be honest – I can’t really disagree with him. 

How’s that for a hodge podge of a post?  I don’t usually like hodge podges – unless I’m the first one in line.  I don’t want people sneezing and coughing on food before I get to it.  But in this case it’s been a long week, there is no food involved and I have A.D.D. today - so any chance of a more coherent post was gone before I even got out of bed this morning. Whatever.  Happy weekend.

This is April.  She told a babbling brook to 'shut up' last night while camping.  Which sounds like nothing I would do?

2 comments:

  1. I love your new layout! The color are fantastic.

    I signed up for a half marathon once... then Kiwi and I ended taking a trip to New Zealand and I missed the race! But, I did train for it and I found a training buddy helps keep you on track. I was training during the winter and I got so darn bored running on the treadmill :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. :)

    Now the question is...would you ever train for one again?

    ReplyDelete