Thursday, February 17, 2011

To Tan or Not To Tan

                Being that it’s February.  And that it’s been a brutally cold winter thus far.  And that the first day of spring is still weeks away.  And my lighter “winter shade” of makeup is now too dark for my skin. And that my skin is mostly translucent making me look like a True Blood vampire.  Or like Boyfriend did when he passed out that one time he bumped his ankle.  (He thinks, after thorough internet research, it was a pretty significant ankle injury.  Considering it’s been months and there is still a huge bump where his ankle used to be I might have to agree that it was more serious than I might lead you to believe.  He also thinks I do this kind of thing quite frequently – ya know make his life sound less serious and mine sound WAY  more dramatic.  I’m not convinced.  That sounds like nothing I would ever do.  And also he plays hours of basketball a week on it now.  So it seems to be fine.)   All these things have persuaded me to consider tanning.  

                Financial responsibility pretty much forced me to give up tanning post college.  Well that and the threat of skin cancer.  But I managed to find a sweet internet tanning deal for my preferred salon yesterday.  I’m an amazing internet shopper.  I could spend hours finding things for the cheapest price possible.  This does not mean I am frugal.  (Can a girl who went to private college twice, on purpose, even use the word frugal?)   This means I still spend all my money and just get more things.  This also results in a pile of packaging boxes taking over the spare bedroom b/c we don’t have a recycle bin and I feel guilty throwing them out.  

                Anyway, my sister used to tell me that tanning would also help to cheer me up and since this whole week I’ve been all …

“I hate work”
“I hate school”
“I hate people who drive on the same roads as me”
“I hate my micro-lunch I packed”
“I hate people who sit in the chair next to me in class”
“Why can’t I eat only pop-tarts all day every day?”

…it just may be time for an attitude adjustment.

                 I’m not hoping to look all Jersey Shore, Oompa-Loompa, just spent a year on an African safari kind of tan.  I just need to look more sun-kissed and less walking-dead.    And since I managed to get $30 worth of tanning for $4 I’m going to take that as a sign from above that I should take a few minutes this next week for some fake sun.   

Here’s to the Groundhog being right this year.  Spring please come quickly.

No, he's not mine.  But it looks like we would be good buddies.

4 comments:

  1. I wore short sleeves the other day and was almost blinded by the whiteness of my arms. Unfortunately I have to wait for the real sun and warmth...hope it's coming soon. How did you get such an amazing deal??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a $30 of tanning for $10 on www.seizethedeal.com - one of these groupon sites that send me emails every day. And when I went to pay the $10 I had a $6 credit. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That never happens to me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I fully endorse the fake and bake, hell Total Tan funded 4 years of heavy drinking. However, post college the fear of wrinkles set in and I stopped cold turkey. Tan Towel is my new best friend! Amazon.com... they even have an awesome tag line "Look good naked".

    ReplyDelete